Workshops & Photo Tours
Photography and travel go hand-in-hand. But camera or not, I love trips that are special and off-the-beaten track. No big bus tours! Life is too short to shoot through the window as you drive by.
I love to be immersed in the location and really experience the culture. But you need a friend on the inside who can show you things only a local would know. And that way your photographs can be as unique as your “insider” experiences.
On our trips, we cover photography techniques and tips each day. We have specific time set aside for formal presentations and photo reviews. We‘ve had travelers who have been shooting for 30 years and travelers who purchased their camera two weeks before the trip. So we design the photography topics in a way that challenges photographers of all levels. And since we’re traveling together, there’s time enough to work individually with each person’s specific interests.
I also encourage people to travel with their partner/friend who might not be a “photographer”. These places hold treasures whether you choose to photograph them or simply enjoy just being there. Plus, there is so much more than photography to involve you –markets, wines, sightseeing, hikes, shopping, dining… that everyone seems to find more than enough to feed their interests.
I really love experiencing these places in such a meaningful way. We laugh, we drink, we eat, and we have a really great time. We come home with amazing photos and new friendships, after being immersed in a wonderfully personal experience.
"AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! Immense thanks...to Anthony for taking the time to teach us. Anthony was very patient with all of our questions. He explained exposure in a way that was simple to understand. I came away feeling like I have a much better understanding of the basics of exposure and I'm excited to put what I learned into practice. I really hope we do more of these." - Michelle, workshop participant
Sign up to receive email notifications of future workshops and photo tours. Your email will not be shared.
May 22nd - 27th 2013 Now June 10th - 18th 2013 Sold Out
Be there, photograph it, experience it all for youself. An insider's tour and photographer's dream.click here for member benefit.
Includes gourmet dining, wine tastings, tours of Medieval villages,
Roman ruins, shopping, and choice of instruction in photography,
painting and Provencal cuisine.
Small Group, no “big buses”. Maximum 12 guests. Full time event planner/guide and professional photographer.
Clients will receive a DVD slideshow/video of their trip.
(additional days in Paris possible)
Photography instruction included most days
Itinerary Design & Travel by Wendy Jaeger of Bliss Travels
See full itinerary for more details
Here's a short video of our May 2011 trip:
- Essentials of photography - taking your camera off of automatic and understanding how to make the camera do what you want to get the shots you want.
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 - teaches Lightroom workflow from capture to output and everything in between. Includes instruction on all of the editing tools and all modules.
- Off-camera flash - learn how to get that great speedlight off of the camera and create interesting, directional light.
- Food & Still Life Photography - using different light sources to capture food and some still life subjects.
I am available to speak on these topics at your club, school or organization. Email or call for rates.
Past Workshops and Trips
- Camera Essentials - Monroe Camera Club - May 2013
- Food & Still Life Photography - Crandford Millburn Camera Club - November 2012
- October 2012 - Provence Photo Tour
- May 2012 - Provence Photo Tour
- October 2011 - Provence & the Mediterranean Photo Tour - see photos here
- October 2011 - Off-camera Flash & Location Lighting - Monmouth Camera Club. See gear list from session.
- May 2011 - Provence & Paris. Georgous trip. Great group! See photos here
- Off-camera Flash & Location Lighting - Somerset Photography Club - February 2011 See TIPS from the session
- Oktoberfest at Good Commons - Vermont 2010
- Alba Vineyards - NJ Winery 2010
- 5 Weeks to Better Photography - Essentials of taking your camera off of automatic
- 5 Weeks to Better Lightroom - Learning the essentials of Adobe Lightroom
- Snapshots to Great Photos - Executive course
Special Offers for Workshop Participants